Purpose: To advise, govern, oversee policy and direction, and assist with the leadership and general promotion of SUCAP so as to support the organization’s mission and needs.
Mission: SUCAP’s mission is to empower community members of all ages to recognize and reach their full potential by providing select programs and services in order to create better communities.
Vision: SUCAP aspires to continue excellence in programming to achieve increased capacity for responsive program development and become widely known as the organization that can create effective solutions for community issues.
Values: SUCAP will continue to provide effective programs that are responsive to individual and community needs, that honor our diverse cultural backgrounds and inherent need to help each other, with compassion, accountability and commitment.
- Organizational leadership and advisement
- Organization of the Board of Directors, and committees
- Formulation and oversight of policies and procedures
- Financial management, including adoption and oversight of the annual budget
- Oversight of program planning and evaluation
- Review of organizational and programmatic reports
- Promotion of the organization
- Fundraising and outreach
- Members of the Board share these responsibilities while acting in the best interests of SUCAP. Each member is expected to make recommendations based on his or her experience and vantage point in the community.