We service the Ignacio, Bayfield areas with trips to Durango. These scheduled routes run Monday through Friday ONLY. There is no weekend service for these areas. Dial-A-Ride operates within Ignacio/Bayfield (beginning 4-15-21) city limits from Monday through Friday (7 a.m. to 8 p.m.) and on Saturdays and Sundays (10 a.m. – 6 p.m.)
The following are grounds for refusal of service or ejection from the bus:
- Smoking on or near the bus
- Alcoholic drinks or intoxication
- Profanity or loud language
- Any behavior which threatens passenger safety or causes distraction to the driver
If you are disabled and need to be picked up off the main route, please call Dispatch at 970-563-4545 to schedule, a day before your planned trip. Road Runner Transit will travel up to one mile off the scheduled route to pick you up, once approved and during the routes schedule. Time and weather may limit availability of this service.
Dial-A-Ride is a Demand Response system with door to door service in the Ignacio/Bayfield (beginning 4-15-21) city limits only. Call dispatch at 970-563-4545 (M-F) for reservations and
970-799-6201 (Sat and Sun), the driver will advise you of the length of time before picking you up. Handicapped riders are welcome also please advise the driver of your handicap so the correct amount of time will be allowed for pickup. This service is available 7 days a week, M-F (7 a.m. – 8 p.m.), Sat and Sun (10 a.m. – 6 p.m.)
Access for Persons with Disabilities
- All Road Runner buses are wheelchair accessible.
- Service animals are welcome.
Policies Regarding Transporting Children
- Children 11 years of age and under must be accompanied by an adult (Age 17 or older).
- Children 4 years and younger or 40 pounds and under, must be in a car seat appropriate for their size that you provide. Children 4 years and younger ride free with an adult.
STATEMENT OF RIGHTS
In accordance with the provisions of the Americans With Disabilities Act and the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Road Runner Transit does not discriminate based on disability, race, color national origin or gender.
For more information about these statutes or to file a complaint, contact SoCoCAA designated disability rights and Title VI coordinator, Jay Rhodes/Program Director, PO Box 800, Ignacio, CO 81137. Telephone: (970) 563-4545 ext: 1009 (voice), 1-800-659-2656 (TDD); or The Federal Transit Administration, Region 8, 12300 W. Dakota Ave., Suite 310, Lakewood, CO 80228. Telephone (720) 963-3322. Information in non-English format may be obtained through the persons listed above.